Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro
Give your customers access to your free digital products without going through the checkout. It’s never been easier to give away free stuff in WooCommerce!
- Quick start setup
- No coding knowledge needed
- Works with Memberships and Subscriptions
Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro is the definitive plugin for offering free content on your WooCommerce store.
Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro allows users to bypass the checkout to download your free products, supports single and multiple files, works with WooCommerce Memberships, and is highly customisable.
This plugin has been designed for content creators and distributors to fully take advantage of their digital store. Whether you sell audio files, course documentation, themes and plugins, or just want to offer digital catalogues for your tangible products, this plugins allows your visitors to get to your free downloads with ease.
This plugin is safe and rock-solid secure, and everything is handled by your server including authentication, so you don’t have to worry.
Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro is also fully integrated with the official Memberships and Subscriptions plugins for WooCommerce.
What you can expect in the basic free version.
- Free digital products can be downloaded by your users without going through the checkout.
- Supports downloading products straight from the shop listings pages.
- Allow free downloading of customer owned digital products from product pages.
- Quick View feature, letting customers preview products from shop pages.
- Built-in support for PDF files.
- Built-in support for WooCommerce Memberships and Subscriptions, allowing you to tailor the plugin to your needs.
- Fully supports products with multiple files, with several layout options to choose from.
- Download buttons and links will automatically style to match your theme.
- Add custom CSS and HTML classes to the download buttons and links for extra visual customisation.
Buy Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro today and get access to these amazing features!
- Multiple Download Delivery Methods: Option to serve your downloads after redirecting to a page or emailing a link.
- Advanced Product Restrictions: Restrict free downloads by products, categories and tags.
- Variable and Grouped Products: Full support for grouped and variable products.
- WooCommerce PDF Watermark: Compatibility with the official WooCommerce PDF Watermark plugin.
- Download limitations: Restrict your users to a set number of free downloads per day/week/month/year. Users with WooCommerce Membership plans can even be excluded, and each plan can have it's own limitations!
- Download tracking with reporting: Keep a record of every free download showing the product, variation (if applicable), date, user, email address and IP address.
- Account download history: Show a list of the user's free download history on their WooCommerce account page.
- Email capture: Ask your guest users for their email address before downloading. Includes MailChimp subscribing!
- Paid Member Subscriptions: Compatibility with Paid Member Subscriptions plugin by Cozmoslabs.
- Woocommerce Products List: Compatibility with Woocommerce Products List plugin.
- Premium support: You never have to worry about plugin support. We're here when you need it.
- One-click updates: Enjoy the simple, one-click updates that you're used to with WordPress plugins.
How it Works
By default any downloadable products that are free will be affected by this plugin. There is an option in the plugin settings if you would like to include paid items that are on sale for free, by default they aren’t.
However, the plugin works right out of the box as it should, and only requires customising if you want to.
Rather than the Add to Cart button showing on product pages, site visitors will be presented with a download button, or for multiple files on a single product a set of links to each individual file will show. You can customise the experience for your visitors with several display options from links, to buttons, and even checkboxes. Once clicked the file will be securely downloaded automatically. For multiple files, the plugin dynamically creates a zip file that includes all the files for that product, and downloads that instead.
The plugin can be customised in several ways including how the download buttons or links are presented, their appearance, should users be logged in, and more. Check out the plugin settings page for everything.
Full supporting documentation is included with the plugin, available on the plugin settings page. There’s a user guide, explanation of every setting, and FAQ with support forum links.
Want to stay up to date?
Sign up to get all the latest news on discounts, freebies, updates and new products from Square One Media, straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro
Included in the free Basic Edition:
- Basic Features
- Basic Product FAQs
- Non-Priority Support Requests
Get Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro today and get instant access to these great services!
- Includes Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro Plugin
- Premium Only Features
- 12 Months Support & Updates
- Download Immediately
- Simple One-Click Updates
- Access to Feature Requests
- Access to Premium Support Forum
- Loyalty & Renewal Discounts
Frequently Asked Questions
Free Downloads WooCommerce only supports WooCommerce version 3.0 and above, but should work with any version above 2.6.14.
Free Downloads WooCommerce comes complete with a full guide and explanation of the plugin settings. These are available on the plugin settings page. If you need more help, please feel free to post in the WordPress.org support forum.
Owners of Free Downloads WooCommerce Pro can access the premium support forum.
The short answer is the plugin uses a safe and secure form on the front-end which requests the file. A second round of security checks is performed, and if everything is ok the file is downloaded using the WooCommerce downloader; as well as using the download method you set for WooCommerce (Force Downloads, X-Accel-Redirect/X-Sendfile, or Redirect).
The product files must have been uploaded to your WordPress site, for example using the WooCommerce Choose File option, otherwise the ZIP file will be empty. They will not be included if they are external links.
Once created with either all of the files for a product or a selection of the files, it is temporarily saved in a folder on your server. Every hour that folder is emptied. If you deactivate this plugin, that folder and its contents will be removed.
If you use external file links and have issues it is recommended that you use the Links Only display method, if you have products with multiple files.
That depends on your WooCommerce settings.
If you use the Force Downloads or X-Accel-Redirect/X-Sendfile download methods (found in the WooCommerce settings, Products, Downloadable Products) for your store downloading, the file paths and URLs will be hidden. If there are multiple files downloaded as a dynamically created ZIP file, regardless of setting, the URLs will be hidden.
If you use the Redirect download method, the full URL may be visible for single files. For example, a PDF. This is the same as it would be without this plugin.
If in doubt and you're worried test it yourself on your own site, or please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Yes, implicitly. The official Memberships and Subscriptions plugins from Woo are supported. If you have a free product that requires a user have a membership to purchase, that free product will only be available to download if the user is a member.
Go to the "Pro Edition" tab of the plugin settings page, enter your license key and hit save. Then you can click "Activate License". Any errors will be displayed on the page.